Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

standard list of ac#?

is there a standard list of what type of aircraft go with a certain ac#?for instance, AC#36,124,"Piper Cherokee 180 Paint2"I have downloaded a set of flight plans for heathrow, but i cannot locate what type of aircraft go with the AC# in the readme file or the flight plans, only a listing of a/c with no corresponding AC#this is from one of the flight plans, AC#421,CS-TJE,10%,24HR,IFR,18:25:00,00:00:00,150,F,5178,2BLL,06:40:00,00:00:00,170,F,5171,LPFR any help is appreciatednext stop if no one can help is the authorTracy

Guest Captain Barfbag

The answer, unfortunately, is that there is no standard list of aircraft numbers for AI. The aircraft.txt file that is generated by the TrafficTools decompiler will contain the mapping of the numbers to the aircraft in the AI file you de-compile, but likely that will be the delivered product the first time you run it. As you add new aircraft to your stable, you will create new AC#'s for them. The numbers do NOT have to be sequential, and you may find it convenient to invent some sort of sorting system.I read a post somewhere (I think on Project AI, but ?) suggesting that someone come up with such a standard. Any takers?Personally, I try to sort mine by grouping similar regions together (like Japan, China, Thailand in one group and Germany, France, Italy, etc., in another. That way I don't have to look over too many pages of listings to find the plane I want when doing airlines in a particular region.As for your question about Heathrow, your idea to write the author is probably a good one. Most folks are helpful and, like me, will offer advice which is free and worth almost that much.