Sign in to follow this  

Crosswinds and rudder pedals

Hi, I'm new here as of today and pretty new to FS2002 but trying to get smart in a hurry-but mostly blundering ahead. I'm trying to use FS2002 (with the Sidewinder ForceFB stick) to practice landing in crosswinds to help me with my real world landings which aren't going too well yet.I have turned on the wind in the weather but it doesn't seem to have any effect, even when set 90 degrees across the runway and at its strongest. Am I doing something wrong here? There was a reference in a thread on CH Pedals to FSMeteo. Is that an add-on, do I need it (and how do I get it, if I need it)?I've been looking for rudder pedals cause the twist grip rudder on the stick is very unnatural. I've picked up through lurking that CH pedals are pretty good. Does anyone know if the CH Rudder Pedals work with the Sidewinder (Sidewinder uses USB).Thanks,John

Hi John,Double check your realism settings. Can't remember the name of it off the top of my head (I'm at work) but there is a checkbox for wind drift. If this is turned off (to make it easy) you won't get any effect from the wind.The CH pro pedals are a good choice. I have them and they work very well. And yes they will work with your Sidewinder (I have both a yoke and a Sidewinder FF2 and interchange them). Just make sure you have a spare USB port on your actual PC as the CH products don't work very well on a USB hub.You don't need FSMeteo to get basic weather effects in FS2002.Andy (YSCB)

Good luck with the USB pedals; I have both CH Products, the yoke and the pedals. Both are for a standard game port. The yoke rocks - nothing but good to say about it. But my pedals have issues:need constant re-alignment to "zero" before each flightoverly sensitive - a touch goes a long waysimpossible to give a slight "trim" - I have to take off my shoes, and use my toes to push the pedal *just so*, and hold it for the duration of the maneuver.nearly impossible to keep on the centerline with just pedal inputs;(8Hope the USB pedals give you better service - will be curious to hear!-CP :7