Sign in to follow this  

Scenery Problems Still!

I am now installed. Some operations seem pretty much okay. But:I am still getting an awful lot of : unknown or can't find scenery directory. Non Existent directory it says. Shows garbage after MSFS2002 directory. Can some one post the PATH the sim used to load up all scenerly tiles. I see plain vanilla scenery. I put all sliders to full up. I get this message can't read: c:program filesMicrosoft GamesMSFS2002gpy=? (This is ont exact, but similiar).I get this on all attempts to load new scenery. All my scenery is plain flat, green, brown, or black tiles, and black water for the flying boats.I sure would like to know how to trouble shoot this. Any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I saw your response to my post in yesterday's thread, and I was alarmed when you mentioned that your A/V had missing files, as well as Windows. Almost sounds like the Klez virus to me (or something similar), which can overwrite files with random characters, and it also tries to disable A/V programs. This is a link to the procedures I wrote for manual installations of FS2002... It discusses the directory structure of FS2002, among other things... Verify your FS2002 install against my document, to check for differences. My tip includes what a scenery.cfg should look like on a clean, full install.http://www.fsgateway.com/tips_read.asp?id=285But it certainly sounds like something's amiss in your system. If it's a virus, it can be nearly impossible to diagnose. Either that, or the CMOS settings are off for your HD's, and you're getting data corruption...John