Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

MD-83 vs 737-400

If I was to change some of the AI default MD-83s into 737-400s with some other skins of real planes, will that be a problem? Are the flight specs for MD-83s the same as 737-400s? I do not want to replace a MD-83 with a 737-400 and have it fall out of the sky because it is out of fuel. :)I've only found a few MD-83 repaints that I want to use, but I have a quite a few 737-400s.Thanks,Craig

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Craig. I'm not sure about the ranges of each aircraft.But I have noticed while working with TTools that sometimes there are 2 flights from one airport to the another airport using both MD-83 and B737-400.So, I believe you can. I have.Just be sure to change the arrival times to 00:00:00 when you swap aircraft. The MD-83 cruises at 437, the 737 at 430.

Wanna bet you could swap a Sopwith Camel for an MD-83?I would be very surprised if FS actually did fuel consumption calculations on the AI planes. That would be a waste of machine time, although probably not much, and would have a very minor effect on frame rates. Besides, the AI planes are only active when you are in the same sector as they are, so any long-distance flights aren't even active most of the time.The Camel has a problem as an AI plane, by the way. It has no brakes, so it can't hold on a taxiway if you are in front of it. It will smash into your tail and cause the flight to re-start.