Sign in to follow this  
Guest Martin

Two active runways...is it possible?

Hi,Have been searching the forum arcives regarding this issue, but didn

Staffan

Have you tried AFCAD ? With this program you can change AI parameters from FS: for example it's possible to close or open a runway for landing or take off. Thierry :)

Guest Joshieca

Using a program by Lee Swordy called AFCAD it can be done easily.You basically install AFCAD. Run the application, and select ESSA. Then you double click on the runways you want to edit. A pop up window appears and you choose which side of the runways you want planes to land or take off from or you can turn off both landing and take offs too.Once done, save, launch FS2002, and away you go.Good luck....[br][br][div align=center][br][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day!

Thanks a bunch. :-)I will get in to it immediately !!Staffan

Staffan

Guest Martin

One important thing to note is that if you want both runways to be active for both departures and arrivals. (That is 01L/19R has one end for departures and one for arrivals, and 08/26 has one departure end and one arrival end - if only one runway is open for departures and one for arrivals the lengths don't matter. Confusing? :-))In AFCAD, close rwy 08 for landings, and close 26 for departures. Close 19R for landings, and close 01L for departures (that works fine for me).And don't forget to make both runways the same length. It's probably possible to make 08/26 longer, but if it's more than just a few hundred feet the AI planes will start landing short of the threshold. Also, the AI aircraft will always begin their takeoff from the taxiway closest to the runway end (i.e. end of the grey thing in AFCAD). So if you don't want intersection takeoffs all the time I suggest that you move the "grey thing" to the takeoff end of the runway.And a picture to make this a little more understandable hopefully. :-)http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d89ef9a75c32045.jpg19R and 08 are used for departures, and 01L and 26 are used for arrivals.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Thanks Martin,I succeded in closing RW26 for departure and RW08 for landing. :-)And I did no change for RW01/19.So now the aircraft departure on RW08, and arrives at RW01 or 19.That AFCAD file you show,..is that the one which comes with Sweedflights new ESSA scenery? I have that one, but it doesn

Staffan

Guest Martin

Hmm, are you sure that is how it works now? If you did no change at all to runway 01L/19R, the AI shouldn't ever bother with 08/26 since it's shorter (AI always uses the longest available runway).I have attached the AFCAD .txt file here. It is for the Swedflight scenery but I redid most of it so it is more accurate (most importantly: the gates are now numbered accurately).Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Hi,Yes I am sure it works. All the aircraft taxi to RW08 for takeoff now. And the arriving aircraft uses RW01.EDIT: I remember now that I also deactivated takeoffs at RW01L/19R. :-lolThanks for the file. :-)Staffan

Staffan

Guest Martin

Well, that means that now rwy 08 will be the only takeoff runway. Not always desirable exactly. :-)Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing