Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Betts

Parkay Airdrome Montana

Guest Frank Betts

Couple screen shots of the Airdrome at Parkay City airport early 1900's?Frank B^)

Hi Frank,I don't know where Parkay City is, but the screenshots from your time machine are great! Is that a Curtis pusher, or a Maurice Farnham Longhorn in the background of the middle shot? Can't quite tell with my monitor. Retro is where its at!

Guest Frank Betts

Hello Crid, Well you got me, those macros for those planes are something i dug up from a while back. I have no details except that I installed them and if they caught my eye just right they were in the scenery! . I have a book on old hangars and airports that I got from the library. It had a place called Parkay back in the 20's. I looked it up in the Fs2002 airport search and there is no such thing according to the program. So I just kind of 'winged it' for lack of better words. This and a couple of other places in Montana will be available sometime shortly.Frank B^).

Guest drobson

I've lived in Montana for most of 56 years, and have never heard of Parkay City! We have a Park City. Wonder if it was shortened from Parkay to Park?Darrell

Guest Frank Betts

You got me Darrell. I was just nosing thru this book, actually looking for Hangar ideas to build and I was putting scenery around the Montana area for a friend of mine and just tossed it in there. There is no real details on it but that it was in that area. Actually the rest of the scenerys in this series I am putting out will be fictional from here on out. I have no idea why I chose to put that particular airport there but at the time it sounded like a fun idea. Oh well.Frank B^)