Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Naming and renaming of taxiway sections

Hi Folks,after a quick search in this forum and reading the afcad manual, I still have one question:I created some taxiways for a amall airport that by ms default only had a runway (and no AI at all). I managed to get some AI traffic operating as well (taxiways, tower, frequencies etc.).Since afcad ony offered me the "blank" or "rwy01/19" options for taxiway naming, I chose "blank" for taxiway segments between nodes not being part of the runway and "rwy01/19" for segments directly part of the runway.I real world, atc on bigger airports assign a command like "taxi via A2,B2,C3, D" naming individual segments. How can I name my taxiways in a similar way? I am not reluctant from text editing the afcad export/import file... just have to know what to enter where...Thanks for any help,Torsten

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you click on the taxiway designator box, you can type a new taxiway name directly into the box. It will then ask if you want to create that new taxiway name.As I recall, you may have to click twice, or click and pull down and then collapse the menu. When there are taxiways other than Blank, you will get a pull-down to select them but you can still type into the box once you get the right combination of clicks.One thing to note: if you have a taxiway section selected when you go to the box and either enter a new taxiway or select an existing one, AFCAD will change the name of the selected taxiway. This may not be what you want, so be sure you select the right line before you select the taxiway ID.Also, if you are creating new taxiway lines, they will be started up with the taxiway ID selected in the box, so you don't have to go back and do that later.