Sign in to follow this  

AI Aircraft & taxiways & parking

I am using all of SimFlyers US airports. Home base is KDFW. I have added a few of PAI's complete AI's. All AI aircraft taxi parallel to, but off the taxiways. Some, but not all, park inside buildings.I also noticed that if you ask for progressive flight instructions, they are going precisely down the default paths based on the pink arrows.I contacted SimFlyers and received some advice. It was to remove their bgl file for KDFW from the SceneryDB/Scenery folder. Download Lee Swordy's TT AFCAF file he provided them and install it. No noticeable change.Before making the situation worse, does anyone have a good suggestion?ThanksJayhawk

You can use AFCAD to solve all these problems. Download and install AFCAD and then open up KDFW in AFCAD while running FS2002 in slew mode.AFCAD will show you the positions of all taxiways, parking spaces, gates etc and your position on the airfield will show up as a red cross.Right click in AFCAD to 'jump' from location to location. Slew around in FS and check where you are in AFCAD. Alt-tab between the two progs.The idea is to shift all the taxiways, gates etc in AFCAD so that they conform to the 'visual' you see in FS. You'll get the hang of it.But be prepared - it can take a few hours to get it done - and if you're like the rest of us, it's addictive and you'll go on to start adding your own enhancements, extra gates etc etc and doing your own AI rather than adding 'ready made';-)Roger

I'm having the same problems with progressive flight instructions. I loaded the new Narita scenery along with the new AFCAD file and it changed the way MS was taking me to the runway. Is there a way to check and see what traffic was setup for Narita under the old scenery? My airplanes are disappearing also. I think I'll have to pull up the original MSFS2002 AFCAD to see what is missing.Thanks.Glenn