Sign in to follow this  

Floatplane AI traffic...

Is it possible to create AI traffic to and from floatplane bases? Are there any special things that have to be done?-Basil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's possible with a few tricks. Just run AFCAD and add a tower frequency, some taxiways, hold short nodes and appropriate parking to your seaplane base.Next replace the fx_sparks.fx entry in the aircraft.cfg with fx_wake or even better fx_waterland, because AI seaplanes don't recognize the water taxiways as water. They think it's concrete. :-) Best use "pure" floatplanes without gear or wheels.Regards,Claudius

I've had good luck with the default Cessna Caravan Amphibians, but others I've tried can't seem to line up for takeoff, and float around until they time out and disappear. They land OK, though, and taxi to parking. Are there any node tricks that are specific to AI floatplanes? I've got several of the Sea Otters (no wheels) but they will not take off.

> Are there any node tricks that are specific to AI floatplanes? I don't think so.> I've got several of the Sea Otters (no wheels) but they will not take off. I'm not sure anymore about the "no wheel" part of my advice. I said this, because planes like the Grumman Albatross taxi on the water with their gear down, looking quite funny. :-)Maybe the AI floatplanes cannot use their brakes (no wheels - no brakes) when lining up? Do they need (and use) a water rudder? Or is their taxi speed (usually adjusted to speed up airliner operation on big airports) too high?Regards,Claudius