Sign in to follow this  

Many flights - 1 aircraft?? Another AI question!

Greetings everyone,So, having begun my adventures in the world of AI, and also got over my initial problems by reading the tutorials a bit more thoroughly(!), I am now pleasantly suprised to find that it is really quite a simple process to add AI traffic. My Virgin experiment worked, and Heathrow is now graced by A340's!But another question...I am not entirely clear on what happens regarding having ONE aircraft livery flying MULTIPLE routes. Let us say for instance, I was to have 1 British Airways A321 installed in my AI aircraft folder. Am I right in thinking that I can assign that 1 aircraft to fly several routes at the same time? Presumably something must be different for FS to recognise different flights which will almost certainly run at the same time, with the same TYPE of aircraft, is it the flight number?Also, is there a utility available for searching through flight plan files, as I don't imagine I will want to install every single flight from all the plans I will collect. Or is it simply a case of sifting through them yourself bit by bit for the flights you want to see operated?Any help with the above would be most appreciated.Regards,Al Summers.

Guest Captain Barfbag

All that it takes to use the same aircraft is to add another line to the Flightplans.txt file. Flight Number and registration number do not matter. FS2K2 is happy with duplicates. (In fact, duplicates sometimes become a problem, particular when using auto-installers.) The important thing to remember is one line = one aircraft. Of course, you will probably want to randomize the flight numbers (for airliners) and the registration numbers (for GA planes) so ATC will be using different ID's. If you are trying for real-world emulation, of course, you should use real flight numbers.Thomas Molitor's AITM (AI Traffic Mover) is a useful utility for examining flight plans, moving traffic between airport overlays, generating timetables, etc. It will also pick up some errors in your files (like planes in aircraft.txt that are not in your Aircraft folder) that slip through TCompiler.

Many many thanks for that, and I'll have a look at AI Traffic Mover.Regards,Al Summers.