Sign in to follow this  

Make a CD (if you not already did it )

Hiya I have for last few months made a fs expansion discI make a flight sim 2002 folder then put all the directorys into it that normal flight sim has ......then put all the add ons that i like into it all in the correct folders so guages go in gauge folder scenery in scenery folder ectso your add on folder look exactely like the original, all your 737 texture go in the 737 folder ect(incude the cfg lol)this same for all planes,then when is all finished you zip it, then everytime you reinstall the fs2002,it goes back just how you likes it with all as it was (even your save flights :) )My Expansion disc is 540mb compressed and when you install you click on the zip and direct it to fs 2002 directory and say yes to overright and off it goes adding 1.3GBapprox extra to the flight simwithout having to do a thing Also if you make a splash and put it in a URIES folder you also get your own screen with your expansion version number (mine is at V 7.2 lol)I hope this may be helpfull to someone for a idea or if you get stuck then let me know i Can help with anything in this matter :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxAnything you find you like after you make it you put in seperate folder then include in your next version ,just unzip expantion to a temp folder add new stuff then zip it again :)

I think i would prefer a topic "Make a DVD" hehe because only my aircraft folder is 7 GB :-). I hope the dvd burners go down in price and that they finaly make one standard.Greetz,Paul

Guest PaulL01

Yeah, thats a great Idea! Just don

Is the word Cull recognised ? "7gb" wow !!I have lots of things in my cd including fxocean and all the ai tools and approx 30 of all types aircraft in many livery and am only under 1 gb :)The "read only" is no problem at all no need to do this because you are making the replica fs directory with nearly all the original folders you are really just leaving the bit you want in the original and replacing everything you wish to add and also the things you wish to overwright like the default planes and things :)It really means one click to add everything you ever downloaded :)for those with 7gb Emmmmmmm I give up :)no sorry i never give up make 8 disk with the best things you like on disk 1 ,worser disk2,even worser disk three ect.........then you add the disks into flight sim up to the number disk that is so bad you throw it away :)Orrrrrrrrr only keep the bestest you find like i did and then you save space lolAnniette xxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest PaulL01

Are you sure you understand the problems associated with files that you copy from your CD copy? These now all will have "read only" atributes so any file that needs to be updated like Scenery.cfg etc cannot untill you changes the attributes as per the suggestion.Paul

LOLI am sure I understand :)Anniette :)

hehe its okay :-) its my own fault downloading everything i come across and i just like Ai and variety. I am a typical person that steps into his cessna and goes where the wind goes and while flying A/P i spot planes and chase them. So I dont mind and i just bought 60 GB extra harddrive so with 100GB total i have some extra space for FS goodies.Greetz,Paul

Guest sgreenwood

Paul, You can reset the files to Read/Write with the DOS command:>attrib -R *.cgf /S-R removes the read-only flag*.cfg specifies the files to operate on/S includes subdirectories>attrib /? displays a little help on the command.Run in a DOS window in your root FS directory, or put this command in a batch file (fix_r-w.bat) in the root FS directory. Then create a shortcut to it and set the shortcut properties to run minimized, close on exit. What will we do if MS really takes DOS away - Linux?Regards,Steve