Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Afcad Problem, need some Help!

HiI've been designing an afcad for SVMI. As this is my local airport i know exactly what kind of planes land there so i'm trying to make them park right. So for example, i make one gate for each kind of plane type, and several of the same type for the most common planes. I try doing this, assigning each gate the radius of the plane i wahnt to park on that gate. I checked the radius of each type using AITM . But when i load the airport, i see that the planes didn't respect any of the rules, and just one of them parked exactly where i wanted. I understand that each plane parks at the smalles gate that fits it's radius. But maybe i'm wrong with this. Can someone explain me what kind of criteria uses each kind of plane to park at a specific spot?ThanksHenrique

Guest Captain Barfbag

It sounds like you're doing the right things. Are you using the RAFCAD settings? AFCAD has an initialization file which sets up its user interface with the standard RAFCAD radii for aircraft.A couple of things that could be causing problems:When you use AITM, you need to create a new "Model" file for each airline. Normally, FS2002 uses the same model file for all aircraft of a type - like all 737's, all Cessna 208's, etc. Since the radius information is stored in the model file, if you define different values for each of several aircraft using the same model file, all of them will end up being set to the last value you enter. AITM will automatically create a new model file if you type in a name in the "Model" entry.Also, be careful of feet and meters. The generic values for parking space radii use one unit, and for aircraft they use the other. I don't remember which is which, but you have to do the conversions. (That's another good thing about using the AFCAD initialization file values - it takes care of that.)