Sign in to follow this  
Guest 727Fan

A ? for AFCAD Experts

Guest 727Fan

Hi all. I've been using Richard Mohammed's AFCAD files with great success. However, the KDCA (Reagan) has me baffled. The file contains 50 or so gates, and my computer will show them at the gates. But when an AI aircraft starts to move from the gate, or lands, it will disappear. It doesn't matter how many gates are unoccupied. I don't have enough flights into the airport to max it out. Yet every aircraft that lands will disappear as it turns off the runway. And, as I said, when the aircraft leaves a gate, it will disappear.I've never seen this phenomenon before. Restoring the default KDCA solves the problem. I've e-mailed Richard, but he has yet to respond.Any AFCAD wizards care to take a crack at this one?Thanks!!!Rick

Guest Captain Barfbag

This sounds like a broken link. There is no path from the gates to the runway. What typically happens is a pair of closely-spaced or overlapping nodes don't get joined together, so aircraft can't get from one to the other.Bring up AFCAD. (Make sure you've got the latest version.) There is a new feature called Fault Finder which usually picks this stuff up right away. Fault Finder is new, so it's quite likely that any AFCAD files older than a month or so were built without this benefit. Just delete one of the bad nodes and re-draw the connection. Save the file and it should work fine.

Guest 727Fan

Aye Captain!!I'll take your advice and check it out!Thanks! I'll keep you posted.Rick