Sign in to follow this  

no planes at the airports

Guest Captain Barfbag

Well, these are the mistakes I usually make:When you add an aircraft to the folder, makes sure the the "flightsim.x" lines (flightsim.3, flightsim.4, etc.) are in order, starting at zero, there are no duplicates within the same file, and there are no holes. Anything else and any planes after the last in-sequence one will not show up.Make sure the text after Title= is copied EXACTLY into aircraft.cfg. All spaces, capitalization and punctuation must be preserved.Assuming that your flightplans.txt file is correct and TCompiler didn't give you any errors, I'd suggest running AITM. The latest version has a check which looks for planes in the aircraft.txt file which it has trouble finding in the aircraft folders. It will ask if you want to see all flights related to the problem planes. (If you say Yes to this and get an empty table, it means you've got a plane in aircraft.txt that it can't find, but you have no flights for that plane.)It sounds like you've been through this before, but remember that the times in flightplans.txt are GMT, and the first airport listed is ARRIVAL, not departure.

well in response to the time issue i really don't think that is much of a problem since i went there and nothing at all was there.i have tried different times and such but i still get zippo at every major korean airport.would it be possible to install another airline with an auto installer and have that remedy the problem?i trying to think of everything...i'll try the aitm but that may be my last hope.

Guest Captain Barfbag

To test a plane, create a flightplan that arrives and departs at the same airport. I use a 2-hr cycle, with departures at 00:05:00 and 01:05:00. I start the sim up at any even hour and the plane is on the ground. At 5-after it takes off, circles the airport and lands.This tests both the aircraft's entry into its folder and the quality of the .air and .cfg files. Within a few minutes you can see if the plane shows up at all, and whether it takes off and lands properly. I'm happy to say that the designers are getting much better at giving us aircraft which perform well.You could check the radius of the planes with AITM. I've downloaded some with very large values, too large to fit in any parking space. If that happens the planes will not show up. AITM will also let you edit the radius down to a reasonable value.

howdy captain!it looks as if everything was my fault from the start. after the manual installation i decompiled by accident instead of compiling. in order to remedy that,i deleted the flight plans and aircraft txt. that belonged to the KAL fleet and compiled. i then applied the things i deleted and compiled and all planes show up with no problems.

i just installed KAL and everything seems to fine in the folders but when i go to the airports, i get no aircraft at the places.i go to seoul--and other places--and get three planes and none are KAL.i have penty of gates available and the traffic slider is set to the far right as always but no KAL planes can be found.all other airlines are fine and i have been seeing planes i have never seen before due to me changing a few thing in the cfg. files.as you can see by the following pic. the planes show up on the main screen but not at the terminals. (as mentioned this is only a KAL problem).