Sign in to follow this  

New Airport but No Aircraft

My apologies if this question has been answered before but a comprehensive search of this forum has not revealed the answer to my problem.I have been given an addon scenery for an airfield which does not exist in flight sim.I followed exactly the directions in the AFCAD Manual and created the basic entry for the new airport, using the SEED file from a nearby airport, suitably amended.I then developed the AFCAD file to include:RunwayTaxiwaysAll Comms frequenciesAll appropriate hold short points3 GA small gates to test the sceneryI ran the fault finder and was pleased to see "no faults found".I inserted the new airport details in the Airports.txt file.I then created 3 flight plans flying from and back to the new airport, repeating every 2 hours (I use this system to check the AI suitability of all addon aircraft).I then compiled the new flight plans.Yet when I go to the new airport in flight sim, no AI aircraft appear.I have checked the radii of the installed gates and they are big enough for the aircraft allocated to them.I have read the AFCAD manual cover to cover (again) and have to admit that I am absolutely stumped.Can anyone come up with a suggestion on any other aspect of the AFCAD file I should be looking at.Thank you.JohnEGXP

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is the runway long enough? If the runway is not long enough, the planes will just keep going-around. Try setting your runway to something like 10,000 feet and try.

Solved the problem - it was a typing mistake in the Airports.txt file.John