Sign in to follow this  

parking gate numbers

hi all, is there a way i can put aircraft at gate numbers of my choosing without using tools like aitm etc, i have, thanks to you guys on here,aircraft at the airports but find it a bit duanting to use multi overlays and colors for airlines, if i may just go on a bit!!! i have planes at ontario, kont ,and would like to fill up one end of the airport myself say gate 30 to 38 ,the other end has plenty of ai planes , thanks for your help, regards.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You are ready for RAFCAD. Each aircraft is assigned a size (Radius) and each gate is assigned a size (Radius.) FS2002 will always try to put an aircraft in the smallest gate that it will fit in. For the simplistic default model, the Regionals go to Gate Small, the Domestics to Gate Medium, and the Heavies to Gate Heavy. Microsoft didn't provide us with Cargo planes, so they go wherever, typically ignoring the Ramp Cargo spots and pulling up to the terminal like ponies to the trough.What the folks over at Project AI have done is re-define the gate radii and then provide a set of aircraft radii to match up to the gates. They've had to make do with the somewhat ill-conceived definitions of aircraft and gate radii - aircraft are radiused in meters, using whole number values only, while gates are radiused in feet and decimal values are allowed.Anyway, surf over to Project AI dot com and look at the RAFCAD stuff. I warn you that it looks a bit daunting at first, but once you actually sit down and do it it's actually far less work than you think, and it works REALLY well.I just did the fighter jets for Thailand's VTBD and VTBU, including radiusing the aircraft and adding radiused parking places, and then checking it out. It took me 2 beers. And I drink fast.

hello capt, thanks a lot for the information,regards

in afcad open menu lists/parking; the planes fill the smallest gate suitable to their own radius in the order they are in this window ; if you want to fill gates 30-38 move them at the top of the list; that's all ;-)

I was a little intimidated by the RAFCAD system at first also, but once I decided to switch over, It wasnt really as complicated as it seemed, and the benefits are fantastic. It becomes addicting though, Im warning you. Once you finish converting all of your FS sceneries, you will be licking your chops searching the "New Scenery" file library every morning. :-lolAITM is your friend!!CJ PuttKTPA