Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

one or more aircraft question

i was going over the instructions for making new parking spaces/gates for airports and the afcad file says that if i wanted to do just one or two, then i don't need to be specific in my placements, but if i wanted to do a whole section of the facility, i have to get fsuipc, afcad and line them all up as close to the taxiway as possible. WHY?what's the difference between placing one or two parking spaces and placing 10?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The difference is the precision with which you want to place the parking spaces. Generally, if you're setting up a small GA airport, you can place the parking pretty well just but seeing where it is with respect to the runways. AFCAD doesn't show buildings, though, so if you want to place your aircraft "just right" with respect to hangers and particularly jetways, then the FSUIPC route is the way to go.Once you have FSUIPC, you'll never do it any other way. You can put your aircraft at an airport, move around with the SLEW commands, and place parking spaces and taxi nodes with keystrokes. They you go back to AFCAD and connect the dots.FSUIPC, by the way, is an small download and an easy installation. You also need it for some other useful utilities, like ACRAD (radar screen display) and FSMeteo (weather.)