Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

AFCAD troubles...

Hi everybody, (hi doctor nick, for those Simpsons fans)I had a quick question about AFCAD files. I'm setting one up for an addon scenery of KFLL I just downloaded. I thought I had it completly finished and everything was working fine. I have a few problems with it. When I select some of the gates to begin at I get a warning that says you are going to collide with another object. I know that I will not collide with another object so I don't know what the problem is. Another thing is, when I fly into the airport on a flight plan, I cannot taxi to a gate, it only gives me the option to taxi for takeoff. Thanks for any help!-Kellan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

D'oh! This is nice-looking scenery, but there are problems with it. There was a discussion a while back in one of the forums. In particular, there are a number of places where phantom collisions occur, and there are "speed bumps" in some of the taxiways. The author is re-working the airport to both get rid of the bugs and to improve frame rates.As I recall, this airport came with an overlay for the GA side of the airport. You may be ending up on the wrong overlay when you land. I you're landing a 737 and trying to park it somewhere that only has Ramp GA parking, you might not get any parking options at all. Try your flight in a smaller plane and see what happens.