Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyingjock1

Afcad 2.21 And Centrelines

Guest flyingjock1

Hi FolksJust a quick question and my apologies if it appears stupid but i installed FS2004 along with Afcad 2.21 last weekend and am really impressed with what Lee has done to give you the added bonus of creating additional tarmac, aprons etc, but in the program is there a taxiline itself ie if you look at the exterior of the aircraft you can see the 'parking bay; which was designed for it and it you look in top down view you can see the pattern, but is there anywhere or anyway you can put in the line that the aircraft's front wheel actually follows. Anye help as always would be appreciated.Tom

Guest flyingjock1

Hi DaveExactly what i was looking for mate. I stay in Scotland and was planning to do some Afcads for 3 or 4 RAF stations or bases that we have here.I experimented on it on using an afcad file id dloaded for EGQL (Leuchars AB) and done away with the side lines and had the centre line (taxiline) only. This seems to be and i stand corrected by fellow british simmers the norm for military airfields (well fighter bases), the cargo/passenger bases are more likely to have clearly defined parking bays.Anyway Dave thanx for taking the time to answer my question. I hope i havent wasted your time. Give me a shout if you want any help with afcad for your military bases as its something im interested in, though as you can see from my silly question here im no expert. Must dash speak soon.Tom

Guest Top Gun
http://www.x-plane.org/users/topgun/RAFBASES/RAF%20bases.zipHey Tom, no problem on the help. It's the way we all learn.If your interested you can edit my RAF file I have loaded up here. The bases are only in the UK as there were the only ones I know. Feel free to edit if you want more bases for your Scottish RAF bases to fly to and from.

Guest flyingjock1

Hi DaveNice to hear from you and once again thanks for the help. Ive downloaded your file and will wait to an evening when my wifes at work so i can get some peace and quiet to have a look at the work you have done. So keep up all the good work. Speak soon.Tom