Sign in to follow this  
Guest jesseca5

New at AI Programming

Being new at using TTools and programming for AI, I made my first attempt today. Rather than try to send an airplane from Point A to B, I decided I would stay at my local field KJAS and try a touch and go program. I downloaded TTools, unzipped the files and then compiled the FS2004 traffic 030528.bgl to come up with my three text files for airports, aircraft and flight plans. For my aircraft, I used the MAAM B-25J Briefing Time. Since this was my first added aircraft, it was #60. I made up the touch and go flight plan based on the illustration in the TTools instructions. After doing another compile, I went to FS9, changed to my KJAS location but did not see the AI aircraft. Also, at the time scheduled for takeoff, the B-25 did not appear. Hope someone can tell me what I have overlooked on this.Jesse

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A few common first-time mistakes. (I know because I've made them all myself...)1. The times listed are GMT, not local. The first item in the flightplan file is a flight TO the first airport, ARRIVING at the specified time.2. You must have a gate large enough to accomodate the aircraft. KJAS has NO gates in FS2002, so you would need to add some. I don't have FS2004 so I can't tell you. TTools goes hand-in-hand with AFCAD, which you will need if you do any significant Traffic work. It's a nice graphical program by the same author, Lee Swordy.Take a look at these problems first. If that's not the answer, post the lines from aircraft.txt and flightplans.txt, and maybe someone can spot a problem.

Thanks, Captain. I had a hunch the 'no gate' situation might be a part of the problem. I'll check that out.Congrats on 'turning stomachs' for 55 years. I've been doing the same since 1937.Jesse

Hey Jesse, I use this program to create flight plans. it has a TnG check box, makes everything real easy.http://www.spacejock.com/yRoute.htmljust make a new directory off your TTools folder, called mine Yroute. Copy the 3 text files into the Yroute and then upload the flightplan file.Then select the AC you want to create a flight plan for and after you save it just copy the new flightplan txt file back into the ttools folder overwriting the other and compile.Works like a charm.

Thanks for that tip Dave. I'll get Yroute and follow your suggestion. Also, the clue the Capt. Barfbag gave me concerning the gate worked. I moved the TNG flight to KHOU Houston Hobby and the thing worked great. Guess we will have to build a gate here at KJAS with AFCAD.JesseAOPA 134195