Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flying4Free

AFCAD...AI spins out of control right after taxi??

My aircraft are spinning out of control after taxi. They receive instruction from the tower then move about 2 feet then just start spinning like crazy then disappear. Fault finder finds nothing wrong. Really confused on this one...well, it is my first AFCAD build and I'm ready to give it up. Any help would be great! -Mikehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/79754.jpgThe lines in red are "blank" taxiways and they are attached to Taxi A.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

One of the errors which I have found to confuse AI similar to your description and which is not picked up by Faultfinder is where you have a short detached section of a specific taxiway in the wrong place. Landing AI will not then know which bit of this taxiway to go to and become confused. It also looks as though you may have a short section of blank taxiway in the four node intersection. Do check all your taxiways carefully for any detached bits.Hope this helps - and don't give up!:-bang Tony

Thanks for the info and advice. After much searching for detached runways and late night diagnostic checks, I found that the AI were using .cfg's for FS2004 whereas I'm using FS2002. So I used Kirk Olson's FS2002 .cfg from his F-16 and now my AI taxi and take-off with no problem. So...it looks like I had all my AFCAD correct, just my .cfg's were off. I've since made many changes to other airports and Luke as well. It's very addicting!! Thanks again!!Mike