Sign in to follow this  
Guest speedbird228

meandering AI traffic could be passible?

Guest speedbird228

Hi guysI have an idea that may sound silly and perhaps its not even possible, but if it is then maybe it is posible to have AI arcraft follow any roune you chose or at least fool AI trafic into doing soI read somewhere once that something could go wrong with the airport in AFCAD (or was it somethig too do with traffic tools) that would cause an aircraft to aproach an airport for landing but instead of landing, it would just do a low pass over the runway and fly on. Anyone have any idea what im on about?Anyway, my plan is this. Would it be possible to build an airport with afcad, placed where ever you want an aircraft to fly to, but instead of it landing have it fly srtaight on? If the answer to this is yes then all one would need to do is place airports along any route you decide, rather like way points. you could set them for any height and have all runways and scenery invisible. the flightplan would be the same as any other but in stead of seeing an aircraft fly in a dead straight line from A to B it would fly a meandering route with out ever landing, apart from the final destination of course.This would be great for simulating air force tanker routes, combat air patrols, AEW operations and air force training routes not to mention real world air routes.come on guys, think it over, pull it to pieces and let me know but be gentle with criticism, im a newbie to the dark art of AI and afcad lol

Guest sasu

A promising idea!I cannot say if it will work or not, but one of these days I will definitely give it a try.I do a lot of bush flying in Alaska (simulated, not real life) and I have recently added AI traffic to add some life to the scenery.It would be nice to have bush planes visit valleys, fly over lakes and along rivers etc. Maybe this method would even allow me to make AI planes fly through passes!sasu

Guest speedbird228

Hi sasuyes it would be a good idea, i would really enjoy seiing tankers and awac's flying up over the north sea.the only problem i can see is the number of airports one would need to create, one for every "waypoint"Im not even sure it could be done but it would be great if it could.Judging my the amount off replies it seems maybe its not possible...be great to get some feedback though, one way or the other.speedbird228