Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

VFR flights not showing

Recently I discovered VFR flights using Ttools or AI-Flight Creatorare not appearing. I first noticed it when using the Australian package VOS. Only IFR flights NOW appear in FS9. Earlier traffic files seem to be OK .I have over 80 traffic files in FS9.Anyone have a suggestion or solution? Hopefully (rnails)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You may have already done this, but check to be sure your FS9 cfg file isn't set to IFR only. If it shows 1 change it to 0. I understand VOS changes some settings?[TrafficManager]TrafficDensity=100IFROnly=0Mikewww.flightontario.comI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!

Mike,S. Thanks for giving me the correct solution. I tried everything but didn't know you could set the IFR/VFR traffic in the fs9.cfg file. I have been at this game only six years and still learning. Thanks again . Ralph (aka rnails)

A drastic short cut to creating Flight Plans for AI GA traffic is the program GA-TRAFFIC available many places. You load it, set it the way you want it for each aircraft or just use the defaults, click on Generate Flightplan, and have all the VFR and/or IFR flights you wish. It is set by using various percentages. Have a favorite aircraft or want to have students doing lots of touch n go's, it is set for 75%... Want to reduce the TNG for a particular aircraft, reduce the percentage.Want lots of Waco's at your home field flying to others or doing TNG, increase percentage to 100, click on Student, Club, Rental, Business, Taxi and enjoy... Click on IFR, and you have IFR and VFR flights, etc..