Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shumoda

Method learned

Just wanted to say that I figured it out thanks in no small part to Dean Chamblee.I downloaded two of his flight plan packages for Aloha and Hawaiian airlines ... along with the necessary AI aircraft .. from here at avsim.Since I already have ProjectAI installed ... following his directions ... all were melted in perfectly.I had sent Dean an e-mail thanking him.. but sadly it came back ..so wanted to post it here ... and if you know Dean .. please do pass this along..Dean,Just wanted to drop you a line ... I have the ProjectAI flight installer and had been using their packages ... with great ease.I recently went back to using FS2002 (long story) ... and loaded some of their packages that I wanted to use to populate the skies and airports. I wanted to operate in the Hawaiian Islands for a while ... but when I went to their site to download the Aloha and Hawaiian packages, I found out that apparently their sites is having problems ... so figure what better time than now to give it a "manual" go.I downloaded your files for both airlines ... a pair of Aloha 737s for ai use and Nathan Tenney's 717 pack for Hawaiian Airlines.He has three different textures ... so, following your instructions ... and then being "brave" and first eliminating the 747 and 767's from Hawaiian airlines ... bit the aircraft and the flights ... then adding adding the two additional 717 textures, by taking the line AC#39,437,"Boeing 717-200 Hawaiian Airlines"and creating both a AC#40,437,"Boeing 717-200 Hawaiian Airlines Paint 1" and AC#41,437,"Boeing 717-200 Hawaiian Airlines Paint 2" line for the aircraft file and in the flight plans file .... alternating the two numbers into the flight plans ... by changing a few of the #39s to either #40 or #41 ... The TTools did the update and low and behold .. as if by magic, they were there.Just wanted to thank you for your efforts and in particular for the clarity and ease of understanding the directions for installing .... IN that short (comparing it to the TTools help file) detailed description ... you made the process crystal clear.Thanks again,Dale

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!