Sign in to follow this  

High Detail Pacific Northwest Scenery

Good evening fellow FLY!II simmers!!I am in the process of completing the downloads neccessary for high detailed terrascene 2 scenery for the ENTIRE Pacific Northwest (Washington and Oregon). So far I have downloaded 1.3Gig of files required for Terrascene. This download process has been monumental, esspecially on a 56k dial-up network. Is anybody interested in me uploading this scenery once completed. I'm not sure how long it will take to render. Hopefully, it will not take as long as the downloading process. The final scenery size is going to be very large. How large, I have no idea. I am approximating a minimum of 300mb. For you lucky DSL users that is a short download time period but for us DIAL-ups it's a major hassel.Anyway, Please let me know if you are interested. So that I can see if it is worthwhile spending the time to upload it, once completed. I am hoping that it will be completed within the next week. This is a full-time endeavor, yet rendering time is unknown. I will keep you posted.CB

Hi David (Capt. BOB),I am definitely very interested in you Pacific Northwest scenery. Hopefully you will upload it. As you might have read in one of my previous posts ( http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID14 ), I have trouble with Terrascene and Java, so I could not start Terrascene. Now, I am very sorry for this, I give up on building Terrascene on my own. So I would appreciate it a lot to participate form other Scenery-designers.Best Regards and safe flights!Holger (German Eagle) SchleenhainRuesselsheim (near EDDF):-wave GERMANY :-wave____________________________________________________________________Windows XP Prof.AMD Athlon 1330 DDR-266; ASUS A7A266; 512MB-DDRASUS AGP-V8200 T5 Pure (nVIDIA gFORCE3 Ti 500) 64MB DDR-SDRAM, Det. 23.11SB PCI 512CH Flight Sim Yoke USB CH Pro Pedals USBGoFlight-user

Guest Allan Jones

Hi Capt'n,I live on the ID-WA border, and 70 percent of my sim flights are around the Northwest. I make a lot of LWS>SEA and LWS>PDX runs with FlyII. I would love to have better scenery for this beautiful region.Thanks for your efforts and for thinking about us,

bob, I already have done the entire pacific northwest washington and just the north part of oregon down to around Mount Hood in terrascene 2. Let me say you are really going to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Just to let you know you are looking at around 300-400 megs per globe tile. If you zip them, you can fit 2 on a CD ROM. I think the last time I checked I had about 12 tiles done. I just wanted to let you know since you said you think the final size will be around 300 megs. It will be around that for just each globe tile you do and you will probably need to do at least 16 or more for both states. Overall it will be around 4-6 gigs depending on how much you plan on doing. Kinda a lot to upload to AVSIM IMHO.Right now I am working on finishing up the entire state of Florida. If there was more interest in FLYII I was thinking of putting up a website where people can meet and trade terrascenery. Anyway, I've terrascened quite a bit myself at 56k and I know it is a pain, but have to admit the Pacific Northwest is some of the best scenery in flight simming. have fun.kristian

CBI'm really interested in your project. Unfortunately with my Mac and a busy job creating my own sceneries will remain a dream for quite a long time probably, and I'm longing for some nice Terrascene sceneries ... and Kristian, that's why your idea to create a website for exchanging sceneries is great - especially for MacPeople!! (Or am I alone with this opinion!?)Max

Hi,I was just curious what sucess you've had with terrascening the area around Tampa Bay/St Pete. I know when I terrascened that area, the area north of Tampa lacked any differentiation of land class types (the only thing rendered was roads, bodies of water and the background texture). I've been told this was due to missing government data, and was wondering if you've gotten the same results.Also, I'm curious as to how long it takes you to render a entire global tile (which, I'm assuming, is the area defined by the solid black lines on the TS map, with quarter-tiles defined by the dashed green lines). I know when I rendered two quarter-tiles, it took me about 18 hours (and this was only day scenery - I elected not to TS either night scenery or a water mask), and was wondering if this is normal.Thanks,Jeff