Sign in to follow this  
Guest rene_35

Fly VFR Maps & Copyright

Guest Mgarmy

I am in the process of making VFR navigation maps available within Fly! of the Benelux. As I am scanning from an original Jeppesen chart the first question that comes into my mind is if I can share this work on the Avsim library without breaking Copyright issues.Has anybody had the experience with this?Mannie

Guest Rob Westhouse

Hello Mannie,You might want to scour for some sources of maps you can do without violating copyrights. I was able to locate two avation councils in Canada (British Columbia & Alberta) who produced their own navigation maps. I contacted each of them with my request and was granted permission to publish their maps for use with Fly!. :-)http://members.shaw.ca/fly2/images/snoopyace.gifRob Westhouse, VE5VKSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada"Land of Living Skies"

Guest Rob Westhouse

Not bad Dan. Actually working this week. Looking forward to summer if it ever gets here. Lots of home maintenance to take care of. How is life out there in paradise going?http://members.shaw.ca/fly2/images/snoopyace.gifRob Westhouse, VE5VKSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada"Land of Living Skies"

Guest Mgarmy

Rob,Thanks for your input. Can you point me to that company, or are they producing only Canadian maps?ThanksMannie

Guest Rob Westhouse

These organizations were publishing their own maps for their province. Likely you will strike out and not be able to find anything but thought I would mention it as a possibility. I found the organizations through a web search.http://members.shaw.ca/fly2/images/snoopyace.gifRob Westhouse, VE5VKSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada"Land of Living Skies"

Guest rene_35

Mannie,At the ROTW we have created all the maps for France (VFR, IFR low and sup) with the agreement of the conceptors (FNA people for VFR, governemental agency for the others).Ren