Sign in to follow this  

come on people....I am truly stuck....joystick

Guest tonyc

The win98 joystick calibration box indicates that I have my yoke working properly. When I enter FLY or fs, the joystick is not recognized. The throttle works normally. In the axis set up window, I can move the throttle and the program will recognize the axis--but not the ailerons and elevators.I have reinstalled the drivers, the win98 control panel shows everything normal. Any ideas, short of a reinstallation? thanks.tony

Guest andrewluck

If this is a USB yoke you might find some useful information on this thread on the FlightAdventures board.www.flightadventures.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=444&forum=DCForumID1&omm=0Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest tonyc

No, it's not. What truly puzzles me is that FLY recognizes my throttle, but not the other two axis. The control panel shows everything ok. And the odd thing is that I have the same problem with msfs2002. So i know it with a driver that talks to the games, because that same driver has no trouble talking to Win98. But then, what is so unique about the x and y axis as opposed to the z axis. If the joystick were defective, the control panel would show it.tony

Tony,I assume your testing your axis thru Fly II's axis test..Have you tried to re-define the setting for that, I had the same problem initally and was forced to assign a key, then go back and assign the axis, then it took off and no problems since. If your stuff works in windows game controller setup then it will work elsewhere...

Tony,I had /have a similar condition happen to me. Windows98 shows joystick, throttle and rudders are working fine, but when I am in ether Fly! or Fly! II they will not function. I found the culprit to be my USB CD drive.When I turn it off the system works just fine.

WOW USB CD?....Now thats something to investigate....Who makes the drive Meco?..

Guest tonyc

i don't have one of these drives, but I am thinking more and more that my bios is tricking FLY2. The problem is that I cannot think of what. I have no usb devices, so I have them all disabled. I do appreaciate the help, guys. Keep on trying. In the meantime, I am preparing for a total win98 reinstall. tony

I did reply back to another post on this topic. http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID14 Either the need to repost means one of two things. 1. that wasnt the problem 2. Or that my replys are for some strange reason being ignored.All that I am trying to do is to help out if I can. Im not trying to be a know it all or a smartA--. I have dealt with this before long before some of you even knew that FlyII existed. It could be due to the fact that my last name is the same as the developer of FlyII Richard Harvey. To my knowledge we are not related. Not that this would be a bad thing. No offence Rich. :) But when I last looked this is a open forum other than the fact that we have guidlines and rules to abide by. But I have noticed that since I started back a couple of months ago to post here that many time my replys were either ignored and even lately the threads would get locked. Maybe I have just had a bad day at work today. But that isnt the case, I got to leave early. I call a Ace a Ace and a Spade a Spade when I see one. So if there is a issue with my being here then someone stand up and be a man and say so. I will gladly leave quietly. The last thing I want to do is cause or start trouble. The childish bickering and fighting back and forth of which Sim is better than the other one belongs in the school yard not here. Educated discussion about the likes and dislikes should be accepted as such. But the attitude of if you dont play my way then I will just take my ball home and play by myself, will be the demise of this and any other forum that is conducted in that manner. Ban me, hang me , or shoot me if you like , but thats the way I see it. T.HarveyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.30Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 23.11ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ AUDIO/ATX MB, DDR 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB 4X-AGP

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????