Sign in to follow this  

Radeon 8500 - Please Help

I recently upgraded my system, including a new graphics card, Radeon 8500.When I start Fly II, I get a flashing, rotating aircraft, with no scenary or runway. I am running the latest driver for the card. I have tried reinstalling Fly II, and all the patched with no success. I don't know much about editing the render.ini file. I did do a search and tried a few things - like running under Dx7. Only problem is when I do that, it starts up fine, but as soon as I click on the PMDG 777, the sim freezes and gives me a runtime exception message for WINRUN.CPP, line 152.I have also tried going back to some old drivers. When I go back to a driver from Feb, I can make it work, but the old Fly doesn't work (can't get to the custom vcf files).Oh... the system is a P4 2.0a, 1 GB ddr ram, on a Gigabyte motherboard.Any help, would be most appreciated. I am dying to try the new 757 from PMDG.Thanks!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Rich,I use a ATI Radeon 8500 also and have had some problems getting it to work. Fly in the original settings with patches didn't work. After a while someone (forgot the name) send me a render.ini. And that helped, Fly!2 started without a problem. You are not alone in this problem, I tried to help others that have similar problems, look at http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID14/564.html I don't know if this fixes the problem with the PDMG, because I don't have it, but give the attached render.ini (you must rename it to this) a try. Hope this will work.Koert

Kurt,Many thanks for the reply.The thread you referenced showed up when I did the seaarch yesterday. The attachements there are no longer valid.For some reason the render.ini was not attached. Could I trouble you to please try again?. I would be much appreciative.Thanks,Rich Heite

Kurt,It worked!!! Thank you ever so much. I can even go Dx8 T&L and have a great frame rate. The $$ were worth it .I'm go load the PMDG 777 back in now, make sure I can switch to that without a problem, and go get their new 757. I really appreciate your help!Rich Heite

I have a Radeon 9700 and I had the same problem. I had to change the vertex within the render.ini but now I lost the lights for landing and taxiing. The attachment does not open anymore. Would you be so kind to send it to my email rakham01@hotmail.comThanks and regardsRakhamPIV 2.53 Ghz 1536 DDR RAM ATI Radeon 9700 Pro WinXP ProYoke & Pedals CH Products