Sign in to follow this  
Guest cornclose

Video cards with acient computers

Hey Guys,I have a few questions regarding video cards and old computers. Currently I am running a very repulsing PII 300 Dell. I am going to be getting a new computer in the months to come, however I was just wondering if I could install a Voodoo 5 into my computer.I have FLY!2K, the reason I havent bought FLY!II is because i dont think my computer could handle it. So, right now im stuck. I do not have a video card and FLY! looks pretty digusting. The only reason I am using FLY! is so I can fly that awesome PMDG 777-200IGW. Some examples:1) The sun in FLY! is black around the edges and looks scary as all hell.2) Instead of buildings I have these red and white towers3) My clouds are not that great looking4) Runways and airports have blotches in themSo once again, i was just wondering if I put a voodoo 5 in my system if it would enhance my graphics, and if so would it help with my framerates (the highest I get is near to 12)Thanks alot guys,Blake

Hi Blake, Well from what I know, the Voodoo 5 is getting a little old, I have had a Voodoo 3 3000 in my Pentium 2 300, and now have a Geforce 2 mx400 in my T-Bird 1,4 GH. I think the Voodoo 5 can't run on certain motherboards (new CPU) but I can't remember why... I think they aren't compatible. But what videocard do you have know???I can't understand the exact meaning of your post, if you could reexplain..CheersTom

Guest cornclose

Blake,I would highly recommend a Voodoo5 5500 64mb card if you can get hold of one. I got mine about a year ago from ebay for about