Sign in to follow this  

Landing on helipads

Hi there,Good news! Some time ago I posted the following problem here:I always crashed landing at ships, the oilrig or addon helipads / buildings. (but not due to my flying skills :-)Today I tried it with a clean, but fully patched Fly2. No problem, I could land everywhere. So after painful hours of searching (just kidding :) I found something in the fly.ini:This setting is the reason: WheelDetectionMode=1If you set it to "0", then the heli crashes! So it has to be set to "1" like in the clean Fly2 installation. I don't know why it was changed to zero, I didn't!Since there was no reply to my problem (execpt others having the same)I don't know if anyone knew it and I post my experience here. Please try it yourself and just write if it was successful!So happy helipad landings....Regards,Robert:-rotorEDCJps: Too bad that there's no easy solution to change the too big "crash zones" around buildings (i.e. crashing above parking lots and so on, think you know what I mean); maybe someone knows something about that?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, Well, now I hope I'll be able to land on that heliport on the oil rig, each time I tried i passed right through...cheersTom