Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

Is There Something Wrong????

Guest Eagle

Recently I uploaded scenery for KROC. In creating that scenery I used the Fly! II editor.Here is the breakdown using the Fly! editor:POD 3,597,560 bytes (3513 KB)ZIP 430,856 bytes (421 KB)I then used the Pod Creator by Didier Rigault that was recently uploaded to the library. Here is the breakdown using the Pod Creator:POD 288 bytes (0.28 KB)ZIP 514 bytes (0.50 KB)That is a tremendous saving of disk space and everything ran well on my computer. Will that be the case on all computers and that is my problem. If the Pod Creator can save that amount of disk space it would be foolish of me to upload a 421 KB file when I could do the same with a 0.50 KB file.I would welcome comments from those of you who understand the Fly! program better than me. I would also like some of the Fly! simmers to try my scenery program that uses the Pod Creator prior to uploading. If any of you are interested you can email me at wayne@goses.org and I will include the zip file as an attachment.All comments are welcome.Keep FLYing

Guest Henri W

Eagle,I cannot believe this is right. Are you sure that the reason your scenery is still working is not due to the fact that the data files are still present?Cheers,Henri

Eagle,I have to agree with Henri. That kind of compression is not possible.You must still have the unpodded files in your DATA folder.Allen

Guest Eagle

I created the POD for KROC from the RSP file and cannot find any ROC files in the data folder. The POD Creator program is in the Fly! root directory. The RSP file was created using the Teramodels program.It would appear that some of the programs are still on my computer and by giving someone the ZIP file they would not be able to get the same scenery that I have. This is my guess, but I don't know where to look.

Guest Eagle

Brenton:I sent the file to you yesterday. Your computer is still working I hope?