Sign in to follow this  
Guest GrantM

New centerpost download?

Not clear to me from the documentation what has changed in this newer file other than the addition of weather radar for the Hawker. Have there been any actual changes to the original centerpost graphics? Anyone shed some further light on this?Grant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Grant,I am the author of the "centerpost" download ... sorry that the documentation was not too clear. The simple answer is that "Yes" ..there have been graphical changes made to the all of theoriginal files ... affecting all of the aircraft. I have tried toimprove on my originals ... attempting to scale things a little bitbetter ... not having real experience inside the real cockpits ...I have tried to user the other views available and taken some "eyeball" measurements to get the size of things ... if graphics needto be changed to reflect the real aircraft ... I would welcome suggestions ( make things longer or shorter ... etc. ) And as mentioned ... on the Peregrine I did manage to make the "weatherradar" active again ... I always ejoyed the "NAV" feature in the otheraircraft ... (makes navigation a little better on the Peregrine.)If someone does not particularly like my "centerposts" ...but wouldlike the Peregrine's weather radar feature active ... please let meknow ( make a post ) ... and I can upload a >PNL file with that feature only ( and not any of my centerpost graphics ).I noticed that on my new update - read.me file - Installation section -that I make reference to my original upload "cockpitpost.zip"... it should have referenced my new upload file "cockpitpostu1.zip"sorry for the mistake ... ) all else should apply as noted:1. Backup and remove any *.PNL files that may be present in the"Drive Letter:...Fly! IIdata" folder.2. Extract the *.PNL files included in "cockpitpostu1.zip" into the"Drive Letter: ...Fly! IIdata" folder.3. Extract the *.ACT and *.PBM files included in "cockpitpostu1.zip"into the "Drive Letter: ...Fly! IIArt" folder. Overwrite anyexisting files by the same name.Hope this helps ... and that you are enjoying the "centerposts" ...Spellbinder

Thanks. I inquired because I used your Kingair centerpost in my RNZAF Kingair repaint. I wondered if the new upload was any different so I can substitute an improved Kingair centerpost for your original one.Grant