Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

Win XP vs Win ME

Im currently running FlyII and peripherals on WinME and am considering switching up to XP. Does anyone know of any issues before I make the jump? Thanks in advance.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

All I can say, is that with 98SE and ME, my scanner didn't work properly (got errors with initialisation). It's an HPsc6200cBut now with XP pro, everything works fine. All was recognized and and he didn't even ask for printer drivers, nor Joystick or zip drive drivers.Hum, one other thing, my computer doesn't stupidly lock up for what ever reaseon, and no more fatal exceptions or Bull.... like that.Ok, cheersTom

Scott:I'm on XP Home. I have no know issues, but I do wonder if some of the FPS issues and Winrun.cpp errors are due to XP. I have no way of knowing if that's my problem, or if its something else.But Fly!2 appears to work properly for the most part. I never had ME to compare.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.