Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

Scenery Areas in Fly!2

For Fly!2, I know that there are five default scenery areas that include buildings and what not. There is Dallas, TX - Chicago, IL - San Francisco, CA - Los Angeles - CA, and New York City, NY. Right?Well, not to long after buying Fly!2 I noticed a file about Paris, France, so I started up Fly!2 and went to Paris, and amazingly the city of Paris existed in Fly!2. My question is this, What other scenery areas are included in Fly!2?Please let me know.Lvstudentpilot

There are airports modeled in a few cities, including EGLL (London Heathrow), KDCA (R Reagan in Washington DC). Maybe a few more - can't recall.But ground scenery is only modeled by default in a few places around the world. I believe they are as you noted above.That said, scroll through the AVSIM file library - there is a tremendous amount of scenery to be downloaded. Files that are called "TerraModels" scenery consist of buildings or other 3-D models. Scenery that is called "TerraScene" scenery consists of ground textures (or the file that can be used with the TerraScene program to generate those ground textures). By the way, ROTW (the French Fly! Development team) has created some "fixes" for the Paris scenery. I believe they are available in this forum, but if not, you can download them from ROTW's site. They are in the process of moving their site, so monitor this forum for when they give the new web address.Enjoy.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.