Sign in to follow this  

What about those 3-D glasses?

I am thinking of purchasing thise cool 3D glasses. What should I know?Are there any negatives with using this product w/FLY2!? (i.e. - lower frame rates, not compatible for some reason, need to get new drivers.... whatever)What are the pros & cons? Is there anything I should know before buying? I only get average framerates, & get low framerates with the really busy airports. Are these really worth the money & are they all that they seem cracked up to be?Thanks.Chris Catalanochris52@optonline.netDell Dimension XPS T600Pentium III 600mz384 mg physical RamELSA Gladiac Ultra Video Card (G Force Compatible) (64 Meg Ram - latest drivers)Windows 98DirectX 8aForce Feedback Wingman Joystick by Logitech

Chris,Never heard of this product you're talking about. Can you provide some more specifics?

eDimensional E-D Glasses www.edimensional.com

My E-dimensional glasses work superb with FS2002. They give a great sense of depth and altitude, But I've never been able to get them to work in Fly2.

But I've never been able to get them to work in Fly2.Why is that?Also - do they drop your framerates at all? And if they do, is it noticable?

I suspect it may be Nvidia driver problem that keeps it from working for me, because I had a similar problem with FS2002 using the 2D panels before switching to a new driver. The glasses work best for me using a VC cockpit in FS2002. All the controls and even the wrinkles in the seats have a 3D look. Looking out the window at clouds and ground gives me a great sense of altitude.There is a frame rate hit, but I rarely notice it except when landing the Bell 206 in graphically dense areas (dust from rotor wash slows it down some). I run my monitor at 100Mhz+ and run FS2002 at 1024x768 with 5% stereo separation. That seems to be optimal for my system in terms of stereo refresh rate, ghosting, resolution and frame rate. When I use the glasses, I can run a lower resolution without any problem.It works well enough that everyone who has tried it through this setup has been very surprised and impressed with the effect. It is very immersive.