Sign in to follow this  

GoFlight Users - review + question about "starter" fun

Guest jabberthecat

Well, I got my GF-AC, GF-LGT, GF-T8, and GF-166 from flightsimcentral.com.All is almost well :1. my standby LCD "middle" horizontal bars are not working, the active frequency LCD is working - makes it hard to read so I will be calling flightsimcentral tommorrow to return and get a replacement GF-1662. Have any of you assigned "engine start" to a T8 or P8 and got itto work? I tried assigning it one of my T8 switches and it doesn't seem to catch the ignition to turn the engine over.3. Otherwise, I am very impressed. These units work so far with what I have tried out : Archer, Commander, Piper-SuperCub, + default planes. It does look like the "panel lights" function controls the dome light in the Archer and not the panel backlight, had to do that one with a mouse click.Thanks,Myles

Guest jabberthecat

Bump"2. Have any of you assigned "engine start" to a T8 or P8 and got itto work? I tried assigning it one of my T8 switches and it doesn't seem to catch the ignition to turn the engine over."

I haven't tried the engine start but just wanted to add my two cents that this stuff is great.I've assigned landing lights to one of the T8's and on the PSS Airbus the lights flash on and immediately turn off. This is the only issue so far.larry

I don't know if this is the answer to your problems, but I found that I had to hold the button down until after it started. Mine works that way.I am getting ready to start my second full rack of hardware with GoFlight. I love it. They have made a great improvement to my flight simming experience.JohnnyKTUS

Guest Aidi

I dont think it is possible to use the Toggle switches(T8) to start the engines, but using the button unit (P8)it works. I have my first two buttons set for Engine start and Fuel On/off. By pressing the Fuel on, and pressing the starter (keeping it pressed down)... they fire everytime. http://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Exactly...like if you used the keyboard, you have to hold it to start. Now if you used the "auto start" for a button instead that wouldn't be the case...Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.comVolunteers (testers and designers) needed, please visit the site for information