Sign in to follow this  

Radio tuning with Squawkbox

I originally posted this on the Squawkbox forum but haven't had any feedback there. Any ideas, anyone?On occasion I'm having trouble tuning to controllers frequencies. For example, tonight, I was trying to tune EGSS GND on 121.72. However, the radio would only tune 121.71 or 121.74. This was with the Hawker. Is there a way to get around this problem?Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am confused. If you're using Sbox, the radio frequencies are not entered manually; you simply click on the center that appears on the "directory" and it will automatically tune the station.tony

Possibly the frequencies given aren't authentic, but I cannot be too sure about that. Anyhow, at least in Fly! ATC the nearest frequency normally works. But tony's solution might be simpler. :)Dave

TonyYes. But with the frequency I mentioned it doesn't. It tunes one side or the other and I've got no text with the controller. I'm guessing that this is an issue with the 25kHz channel spacing that we have in europe.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

let's see if I understand this correctly. Normally, when yu're using Sbox, the ATC text communication takes place in the SBox window. You would like that same communication to show as the text bar in FLY2. Is this what you're asking?tony

No, sorry, not at all.Suppose I want to talk to egss_gnd. I open ATC, Directory, find the entry for egss_gnd that has 121.72 alongside, click it and click the tune button.What happens now is that I have no text comms with the controller unless we both resort to using private messages. If the controller checks the frequency that I'm on he'll report I'm tuned to 121.71 and this matches what Comm1 on the radio stack is showing. Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH