Sign in to follow this  

Missing file

Good morning everyone!I received the following error message this weekend while flying out of JFK and again out of LaGuada airports. During both flights, I received the error message and crashed to the desktop shortly after take-off. Can anyone help? The error message was as follows:Cant load DATAd2031597917A75A4.RAW file not foundFile: texture.cppline: 1376Any help would be appriciated!Thanks.Curtis

Hi Curtis,It looks like you have some addon scenery for that area and some file is missing for one reason or another. Try removing any scenery in that area and putting it back again.Dave

Thank you Dave for your response. I have NYC high density, day and night installed. Also have some of ScottsNYC addons installed. I was hoping not to have to reinstall; that someone would send me the missing file. If not, then, I have no choice but to reinstall.Thanks again!Curtis

Guest nycflyer

The missing file you're referring to is a ground texture. I believe that it's a known problem with the NY night scenery. Although, it might be associated with the TRI hi res new york. Try removing the night scenery, and/or TRI NY hires scenery to solve the problem. I would highly recommend generating fresh scenery for th Ny area with Terrascene. It looks better and has more accurate roads, water lines, and night rendering. -----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Thank you Scott!I'll delete NY night scenery this evening. Hopfully that will solve my problem. How is the fresh scenery produced? I have never tried to TerraScene an area. From what I can see, there are many experts at that task, you being one of the experts, (in my opinion). You do fantastic scenery!!! I wouldn't know where to start!Curtis

Guest Colins2

Curtis,Without trying to write a tutorial, there are plenty already, the basic use of TerraScene is very straightforward especially if you want to do a tile in the US.To do a basic render of the tile containing New York would be just a few mouse clicks and then a long (4-5 hours) wait while TerraScene, then the fly slicer, then the podding routines did their stuff. (without any further input from you)Assuming all went OK you would have your own New York scenery pod to Fly!Give it a try - it is fun and easy.There Are lots of 'tweaks' that you can do when you get more used to the system, but even then, a lot of them are just a few clicks too.Colin

Thanks Scott. I'll give it a try!Curtis