Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sabadin

Radeon 8500

Guest A32X

:-(I've tried three different drivers now and I still get the lines. I am running Windows XP proffesional. I switched to direct X 7 and the lines went but it then I had blue textures in places and it was very very ruttery. 1fps maybeCould some one with XP and a Radeon 8500 please list their driver and direct X / setup.thank you again-Paul

Guest tonyc

Also, if you're running an AMD chip, Microsoft has a fix for the cpu. Apparently it pertains to win xp and direct x. The latest direct x driver is 8.1. tony

Guest A32X

BTW - My driver is6.13.10.6118I'm mildly frustrated to say the least:-(

Guest Sabadin

Have you tried the new Catalyst drivers for XP? Ati just released them about 2 days ago. Also in your render.ini make sure you have vertexIndexFormat=0

Guest A32X

I believe the new driver is 6.13.10.6118Also I have set the vertexIndexFormat=0 Are you guys using direct x 8 or 8T&L ?Which is best?

Guest A32X

BTW - If I use direct X 7 the lines go but so does the performance.

Guest tonyc

dx8.1 t&L, but on a Nvidia card. Hang in there. It'll be worth it once you get everything in order. Be sure to start with the basics. But your system should have the latest direct x drivers first. When you reinstall FLY and it asks if you want to install direct x 8, say no. Once FLY is reinstalled, read the read me file . Then slowly configure the Graphics options in FLY. Believe me, when I went from one video card to another, I had similar problems. Even with a Nvidia card one gets lines if the video drivers and FLY are not set properly.tony

Guest A32X

Ok,I'll un-install Fly 2. Then re-install and when it ask if I want to install direct x 8, say no. But it's all ready installed???

Guest tonyc

You say yes to "install dx8" only if you don't have it already installed. So, my suggestion is that you download dx8.1 and install it. Then, when FLY2 asks if you want to install dx 8, you say no. There's no need to overwirite dx 8.1 with dx 8, which is an older version. Now, if for some strange reason you had dx 8 to begin with and then installed dx7, you might have created a big mess . Direct x is not backward compatible, that is, YOU CANNOT GO FROM DX8.1 TO DX7. You can only go one way--up. Hope it's clear. If you go into "Program files" in windows, you can find the "direct x" folder and in here you can click the directx diagnostic. Here you can see what version you have and if there are any problems with it. I am leaving the country in a few minutes. Good luck.tonyPs. If you installed dx7 over dx 8, look it up in google search. Unfortunately, all the solutions are risky. You may have to re-install windows.

Guest Sabadin

Those may not be the newest drivers you are using. Mine are 6.13.10.3010, but I think the last four digits may just specify the OS,(Mine are for Win98). You might want to check Ati's site just to be sure. If you are running Catalyst version 02.1 then they definately are not the new drivers.