Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben_

Great mountain airports....thanks Wayne!

A few of us have had a discussion in the development forum about adding more Colorado airports. Wayne Roberts stepped up and volunteered to create the airports we needed. Recently, he's made Granby, Glenwood Springs, Leadville (Lake County), and I believe, Aspen. I think it was great of him to make these for us, so I'd like to publicly thank him here. Thanks Wayne!I'm having a great time with the Colorado airports and I highly encourage everyone to download them. Wayne added a lot of details and made them accurate to the real aiports. If you have the hard drive space, you've got to Terrascene this mountain region. The mountains are quite dramatic and they are beautiful in Fly! II. In fact, I have a great screenshot sequence I'm working on to post in the screenshots forum. For now, here are two images. One is a real picture of a TBM 700 sitting on the runway at Leadville, Lake County Aiport (KLXV). The other, is my Fly!II rendition of the same scene.http://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/p.../lxv_tbm700.jpghttp://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/p..._tbm700_fly.jpgHope this inspires others to do a little flying in the Colorado Rockies. Also...you'll notice my latest TBM repaint. I'll release it soon. By the way...I have a question...does anyone know why there are only 3 side windows on the ROTW TBM, but the TBM pictured has 4 side windows?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the info Dan - and thanks for the airports Wayne.Great to see comparisons from a 'local'.I still haven't had time to download/learn/use Terrascene so I'm wondering if a 'sample' Colorado Rockies area could be uploaded by some kind person :-) .Ben