Sign in to follow this  

Help Needed!!

Hello there.I'm currently having problems with FS2002 and was wondering if there was anyone out there who could help.I've looked all over the place but can't find the info I need.My Problem is this. About 6 months Ago I bought a Laptop out of necessity for my upcoming university course, along with that I also bought FS2002. Prior to this I was an avid user of FS2000. The laptop is an Intel P3 900Mhz Tiny MediaBook with 128Mbs of Ram, a 20gig HD and an S3 Graphics Card with 16Mbs of Memory. Originally it had the Windows ME operating system.When I first intalled FS2002 on it I was amazed but after A small while I noticed that there was no rendering of Horzon haze, fog, chrome effects, water reflections etc! I tried everything I could but to no avail.A few months ago I upgraded my laptop's OS to Windows XP Home edition. Wow...It brought that haze and fog for me, it gave me the chrome and water effects, but there is now another problem for me. Whenever I have any visibility below unlimited the lower part of my Virtual Cockpit dissapears (the part below the horizon). This also happens when outside the aircraft...the part below the horizon totally dissapears!The sim itself runs amazingly smooth and I have played around for hours with the settings but nothing has changed. I cannot afford a new laptop and its imporssible for me to get a new card because I have an onboard one, plus I can't really afford one even if I could add another. I recall that other people had these problems too, is there a way to fix it? I would appreciate all the help I can get. Sorry this went on a bit but I thought I should try and be as thorough as possible. Thank You in advance for Your replies.Dan.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, I don't have much help for you, but I would suggest checking to make sure you have the most recent drivers for your video card. Good luck!

Hi Stompy...Yeah I have the new drivers. It seems as though I'm gonna have to stick with FS2000 and FlyII!Thanks anyways.Dan.