Sign in to follow this  
Guest DSandberg

INFO METAR won't work tonight

Anyone else having trouble getting INFOMETAR to work tonight?I keep getting an error message:"Can't find specified INFOMETAR file""Infometar did not find any potential metar reporting stations within the area of the specified route. You might want to try one or morechanges /additions to the ICAOs you have selected for the flight route"I get this message no matter what route I try to generate - including LAX to JFK! Sometimes I am told that the NOAA server might not be updating Metars at the present. Sometimes it says the server may be overloaded. Also, I can't get the FLY2 server to connect (AGAIN!)Anyone having these problems?Thanks,Chris Catalano

Guest DSandberg

The NOAA METAR server may have had a hiccup ... that happens all too often, and can cause just about any of the errors you described. I just tried it and it seems to be working now, so you might want to give it another shot.Don't know anything about the FlyII server, sorry.- David Sandberg[br][br]infomsig.jpg

Thanks - seems to be working for me again also. I LOVE your program!Thanks for all the hard work.Sincerely,ChrisPS: Did try looking at those other websites for winds aloft & I used them tonight with a little success The problem is thatyou cannot set each level of winds seperately - it takes the highest value of wind speed you enter & will then interpolate all layers beneath it to be some value lower than that. Still pretty effective though. Strange though - the 757 kept reading "calm" for the winds - even though the wind layers were not. Thanks again.

Guest DSandberg

> The problem is thatyou cannot set each level of winds> seperately - it takes the highest value of wind speed> you enter & will then interpolate all layers beneath it> to be some value lower than that. Yep. Unfortunately that's one of my biggest disagreements with the implementation. Fortunately it now sounds like this might be able to be made to work better with the SDK, along the lines of the just-released Winds Aloft DLL. We'll have to see what transpires along these lines over the coming months.- David Sandberg[br][br]infomsig.jpg