Sign in to follow this  

Legality of gmax import script...

I posted the following on the Dev Discussion forum, but haven't gotten any replies. (14 views, but no replies) So, I thought I'd also post it here.-------------------------------------------------------------------Is there any legality issue for a public domain gmax script that would allow users of gmax to 'import' FLY! II Aircraft Model (.ACM) files? SMF files are a no brainer, its the aircraft I am trying to work on.I have started developing one and thus far all the parts are imported nicely, but now I have to move and rotate them into their final positions. Keyframing and Texture mapping are also on my list.So, again, is there any legality issue here? I think it would be a great tool so that developers (and wanna-be developers) can start creating gmax aircraft for FLY! II, and maybe even FLY! Is anyone else working on this? What about a converter that takes gmax output files and creates ACM or SMF? (If you have MSFS 2K2 you already have the ability to export to MDL format!) Are there any other converters available? I only know of MDL2DXF, 3DS2SMF, and TS2S3D.Forgive me if I sound naive, I haven't done any real developing before.Tom

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!