Sign in to follow this  

How to rename the aircraft's name?

How can I rename the name of an aircraft in a way that the new name will appear in the aircraft list of the Fly!II menu? For instance: TRI Flyhawk -> Cessna 172. I did it before but I don't know how anymore.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The aircraft name appears two places.one in the NFO file and one in the SVH file.I never remember witch one is for the menu since I renameboth. :)Jan

Jan,I see the first light. I found one .nfo file on my computer (Flyhawk.nfo) and one .svh file (Tri1b.svh). But there should be a lot of them. Where are they ?Hans

Hello Hans.You'll find them in the World folder within each aircraft folder.To modify them you need to unpod them using Podview in the Tools folder.Then either repod them using Epd explorer,or place them in the World folder in your FlyII main directory.I use Wordpad whenworking with these files.Jan

Hi Jan,That helped me a lot, but now I have two of them.I found the .nfo file. Using Word I changed the name of the Flyhawk in Cessna 172 and put the file in the World folder. Started FLY!II and choose Select aircraft from the menu. At the top of the list there is a new aircraft named Cessna 172 and at the place where the Flyhawk was before, there is also a Cessna 172.When I remove the file from the World folder, I have only one aircraft in the list: a Flyhawk.What went wrong?

Hello.FlyII recognizes both the Nfo file in the World folder and the Nfo file in your aircraft Pod in the aircraft folder.Unless you repodall the files with the new Nfo,and delete the one in the World folder you have to live with two Cessna files.They are the same aircraft,so it doesn't matter wich one you pick.You could rename the Nfo file toCessna, open it and change the reference to it to Cessna.Then you willhave both a Skyhawk and a Cessna 172 in your aircraft menu.Not sure if I made myselfe clear,it's very late here now :)Jan

>Not sure if I made myselfe clear,it's very late here >now :) No! But that does not matter.I unpodded Flyhawk.POD with Podview.exe, changed the name in the Flyhawk.nfo file with Word, repodded all files again with PODCreator and saved it as Cessna172.POD. Finally I put the Cessna172.POD file in the Aircraft folder.Now I had two files in the aircraft folder: Flyhawk.POD and Cessna172.POD. So I expected to see two aircrafts in the aircraft list of the FLY menu. But no, there was only one name: Cessna 172. So I removed the Flyhawk.POD file and it appeared that everything still worked fine. I cannot explain this, but it is not important.The reason that I put the .nfo file in the World folder was because I thought that the Fly!Start utility requires so. But it appeared that my Cessna 172 was in the Fly!Start list, despite the fact that there was no Flyhawk.nfo in the World folder.So now I guess that I will be able to change names of other aircraft in the same way. Thanks a lot Jan. :-beerchug