Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

NY Metro package

Scott:I still have not tried any of your recent works - only read the forum and saw the pix (I'm in Europe on business without my home PC). So I am not sure how framerates will be on my powerful machine (see below). However, I continue to see some comments in this thread about how even Logon is hitting rates hard.Would you consider releasing two versions of your TM scenery packs? Say the regular version with wonderful, complex buildings, aircraft, bridges, etc., and another with much fewer -- say the key landmarks, a few aircraft, and simpler (lower res) buildings?NYC is my hometown. I love to "fly" here more than any other place in the world -- with my TerraScenery, I can locate my house, my parents' house, where I went to school, key highways.... etc. But with your great scenery, the added realism is terrific, but the framerates make it difficult, if not impossible, to fly. I've had to resort to removing your scenery on occassion, or decreasing visibility sliders so low that the whole area looks like there's a haze hanging over it (I'm using "normal" detail with no ground shadows - still having trouble).Let us know if you'd consider this "high" / "low" idea.-DK---David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v29.42, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest nycflyer

Dave, that's exactly what I was going to do!I finished reworking everything, including the "Hi Detail" NYC. I will upload a very lean version in a few days.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Awesome - I'm in Paris. When I return to NY next week, I will be among the first to fly there!-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v29.42, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.