Sign in to follow this  

Roma Italy Models

Hi all....Many thanks to Daniele Tona for the fantastic Roma models. This to me anyway is one of the greatest cities I have ever been too & I often Fly from the UK to Rome (in the sim)Daniele is there an easy way for me to learn how to make my own models, I have z modeler but its a bit beyond me. I have the tutorial but it leaves me sitting here with a large ? over my head. ;)Am I the only one with a large ? over my head? No naughty answers pleaseThanks againStevie :-bat

Thankyou Harald for being so kind ;)As soon as I start to get on with my project I will be in touch if I need you.Many thanks for your kind reply.Stevie :-bat

Guest pilotsim7828

Steve and Harold:Both of you do awesome work! But i would like to learn also ,If and when you either would have time . Maybe when steve gets the hang of it, Things could would help me learn z- modeller as i have some interesting buildings andcant seem to be put into fly,The way they are named as the _:(.xxx file .?What do you name the file to be put in fly, sothat fly !IIreads it.???hey steve if you or harold get this:I would apreeciate the help, as new buildings are ready to be implented into fly. Pilotsim7828 aka: Jeff Akins:-beerchug

hi jeffWhat tool have you used to create this buildings ?If you created them with Zmodeler, you have to export them in .bin or .SMF-Format. (not only renaming them).Put this file in the flymodels-directory and the .act and .raw-files of your texture in the flyart-directory.Make am .MLF-File in your flydata-directory (just make a copy factory.mlf and change it) and you can add this model in the built in editor.If you have used an other tool, you should use the 3ds-format for interchange. You can import it in the fly form-editor (hold control-key during startup of fly) or in zmodeller. It should work, but i never tried it.Harald

Guest pilotsim7828

Harold : I havent used any tool to import them into fly "didnt know how" !!!Anyway thanks for thew tutorial on this part . Query: Could you use something like elrond elvish`s import tool? Also i have the 3dsmax but not the program. Pilotsim7828aka: Jeff Akins

Hi Jeff :-waveSure thing mate. Next week Im going to sit down and learn this modeling for sure. As of now, my little 2 1/2 year old girl keeps me from realy getting my teeth into anything were I have to use my grey cells as she keeps turning up MTV & the Box :-) I love music, but when you need the peace.....ah......oh wellStevie :-bat

Guest pilotsim7828

Thank you Steve And Harold:)I really have to admire your patience on all that you both do for the sim, Still have`nt got the paint thing down yet either, as time is short itself. But i have just gotten this z moddeler program down faster than Paint shop pro. Good luck w/ the little one and enjoy the music that they both make. pilotsim7828aka: Jeff Akins:-bluegrab

Hi Jeff :-waveHave you managed to do a repaint as yet?It took a while for things to sink in & Im still a newbie at this...still make mistakes but Im learning. If you are having problems just email me with what you want to know & I will try to helpStevie :-batysomdesign@btopenworld.com