Sign in to follow this  

France taxiways

I am going through the simvol site, as I wish to fly in Europe!I have already downloaded all of their France maps as well as the new DEX files for French airports. All is well with these.I also downloaded the French taxiways pod file and applied it.I extracted the taxiusa.pod file, removed all instances of French taxiways, and repodded it.Some airports, however, give me this:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d85427a0c104083.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d8542880c204dd9.jpgIs this normal? Or did I miss something?BTW, this is on a fresh machine, fresh install of XP, fresh install of Fly2, patched to 230, elevation patch applied.P3 500 MHz, GeForce 3 vid card.

Hi, I get the same thing in Zurich, I didn't have time yet to put the taxiways made by Rotw since I reinstalled, but I think I had that problem even after extracting the taxiusa.pod...Sorry Can't help more than that (I'm sure someone from Rotw will answer quickly).cheers

Guest Colins2

Hi,It looks as though the taxiways were created and then the runways have been 'adjusted' by the dex files afterwards.The ones shown have been displaced a bit.The original authors will have to look at this, there's no easy 'fix' you can apply yourself.You could shift the runways a bit yourself, but if any ils etc. have been added this will screw those up.The taxiways are drawn relative to the airport coordinates (I think) and not the runways, so perhaps a small shift of the airport coordinates would fix it.Colin

Guest rene_35

ROTW is always listening...Yes, we know this problem, but it's not apparent on all our developers sytem (I have this problem, Didier hav'nt).Then, we are working to solve it.I hope we'll fix it quickly.Ren

La France sous Fly! II s'enrichit chaque jour. Si cela t'interesse, on peut te faire parvenir par cds la sc