Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know about country.dbd editing?

I've come across problems updating the country databases.The only way I know of to do the updating, is via FlyEdit. I import the dex. I create a custom index for cnam called CTRYNAME.DBI, and one for cuid called COUNTRY.DBI. All appears to work ok as long as the files remain in Database folder. When I repod via a response file...DatabaseCOUNTRY.DBDDatabaseCOUNTRY.DBIDatabaseCOUNTRY.DBTDatabaseCTRYNAME.DBIDatabaseSTATCTRY.DBIDatabaseSTATE.DBDDatabaseSTATE.DBIDatabaseSTATE.DBTDatabaseSTATNAME.DBII can no longer use the flight planner. It crashes with an error in unknown (if I remember right).Anyone have ideas as to what Im missing? What I could try? Why it would work unpodded, but not repodded?Thanks,BradFly! 2k

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Brad,Are you talking about Fly!2 here or Fly!1/2K?I think that for Fly!1/2K, the TRI supplied dbimport should work.When I wrote Dexeditor, I had templates for all the databases and tested the imports on all of them with dbimport.When Fly!2 came out, I updated the program to allow for the 2 different database structures, but removed geograph as there was no support for it using Deximport.Why did you have to create custom indeces?Maybe that's why the flight planner is crashing.Also, did you remove the files from the database folder once the pod was created?Colin

Sorry it took me so long to reply.Had to create custom indexes because once the countries were changed, they did not match the indexes. So for example, when you were in your plane in a US airport, the GPS would show it as a completely different country.I could not get dbimport to import any geograph changes.Any ideas?

Brad,You still didn't answer 1 question, are we talking Fly!2 here or Fly!1/2K?Dbimport worked with the Fly!1/2K databases, it *may* work with the Fly!2 databases, but I don't think so. From memory, that's why Frank wrote deximport.Fly! is very fussy with the database entries, they have to be perfect or certain things won't work.Short of hand-editing, the dex format is the only way to update the databases. I don't recall geograph being particularly difficult or different.If you want to mail me a dex file, I'll take a look. I may spot something wrong.Colin