Sign in to follow this  

Terrascene for the Original Fly! 2k

Is it still possible to do terrascenery for the original Fly! 2k? What version do I need to do this? I remember reading something about the web address changing for the LAND USE files or something a long those lines and that the older version of terrascene doesn't work with FLY2k anymore. I can't find anything about using terrascene with FLY2k though and before I DL gb of stuff I wondered if anyone knew what I need.I have both FLY2 and FLY2k but like FLY2k better - it runs much better on my computer.please help

Get TerraScene 2.1 (the latest). It gets the 7.5 DEMS from a different site, plus it still works with Fly2k. You will need to extract the textures from Fly2, but you can use them with Fly2k.Todd

Guest Dean

> You will need to extract the textures from Fly2, but you can use them with Fly2k. Todd,Will the Fly II textures appear in Fly I at 7.5m/pixel or 15.0?

Assuming you have your TerraScene project setting at 15 m/p (which you should, since that is what Fly 1/2k supports), TS2 will scale down the fly 2 textures to 15 m/p before using them. However, nature is fractal, so you will get better results if you create a new render options pack for this and tell TS2 that all of the fly2 textures are actually 15 m/p. This way, it will leave them alone and the resulting scenery will look better. This works better for 'natural' textures (forest, etc.) than the urban textures.Todd