Sign in to follow this  

Bell repaint 1

Repainting the Bell 407 with floats.(Picture 1) This is how we know our 407(Picture 2) And this will be it after our first tutorial.Make a new folder on your desktop or my documents, and name it "repaint".Put your Bell 4072 pod in their, copy it from the fly aircraft folder (Keep your new file open for now).As picture (3) open your Bell 407 pod with podview, (or just double click the pod) (found in your fly II directory in the tools folder) and highlight all the files.Picture (4) Click on file, then extract selected files.Picture (5) Just hit that OK button, it will extract the files in 3 folders in the folder you created, these are:ART MODELS WORLDAs in picture (6) open the art folder thats just been created and here you will find the tiff file you will be painting,its labeled as "BELL4072"Now, open up your fly II file in the programs directory. IE c://program files/terminal reality/fly!II.If it isnt their create an Art folder and copy your tiff file into their.Its this file you will be painting and every time you load the helicopter in fly you can monitor your progress.Open up this tiff file with paint shop pro or similar, Im using V5.=============================================================================================================================Remember..... when you save just "save" the tiff(clicik on the floppy disk icon), do not use "save as", you could lose the transparency of the windows, making them grey or even black and/or corrupt the tiff file.=============================================================================================================================Now on (picture 7) you have your tiff file,we will start at the top left of this tiff, just below the white area, a deep green. I have marked it "start here".Tomorrow we will start to paint the aircraft, I was going to start that tonight, but with visitors today I couldnt get it finished. If you have never done this before, the tiff may look really hard to do. But just keep your mind on one little area at a time.Stevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'